| "BREATH OF THE
1. "Return of the true TANK - one of the most influential metal bands from the UK!"- NUCLEAR BLAST RECORDS, Germany.
2. "Ward’s battered larynx does all the throat work here, lending the tunes that all important stamp of authenticity as he rants on about Stalingrad, T-34s and the duplicity of his former band members on the splendid 'Crawl Back Into Your Hole". - The first review of the album from METAL AS FUCK MAG by Mick Strong.
3. Review from FIREBRAND MAG by Lee Walker.
4. "This is the Tank sound we want, the real Filth Hounds of Hades, it’s good to hear the band’s name in the right context with the music being released and ‘Breath of the Pit’ on the whole is a solid dirty release". - AVE NOCTUM ZINE by Paul Maddison.
5. Review from German's CROSS FIRE ZINE by Joxe Schaefer.
6. "THIS, boys and girls, is the real TANK! Original (gravel throated) vocalist/bassist Algy Ward is side-lined no longer, offering up another war obsessed platter of heavy metal that earned him the 80s moniker of MOTORHEAD’s little brother". Review from BRAVE WORLDS by Mark Gromen.
7. "This is an album that is worth the attention of traditional heavy metal fans"-. Review from BEHIND THE VEIL ZINE by Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis.
8. Review by AOR HEAVEN: "I wasn’t really that fussed about another TANK album until I read that Algy Ward is back in the fold and who also incidentally has the rights to the TANK name…but I do hope we don’t end up with another bullshit Saxon/Queensryche/LA Guns styled scenario in this case, that just affects all of the “versions” credibility. Fans of the original dirty sound can rest assured that you get what you expect with "Breath Of The Pit", this really does work, you find it on equal par to some of the considered classic TANK releases.
This is the TANK sound we want, the real Filth Hounds of Hades"…
9. "Well dear reader its a fantastic solo album, sure there are a couple of issues with the drum machine, but we can easily forget that. This is quality and its 100% TANK! Rating 10/10."- from the UK STU'S REVIEWS.
10. "This is Tank of the good times, now you can do as Algy to bring this production to the stage will be a sight to see. Rating 8.5/10" by Miguel Ramirez MUNDO ROCK & HEAVY WEBZINE(Chile).
11. Review of the album from POWERPLAY MAGAZINE(issue #156, August 2013) by Tony Pijar: "Breath of the Pit" is TANK as it should be -with the great Algy Ward back at the helm... Rating: 8/10."
12. "11 out of 10! Amazing album from Algy Ward! TANK is back!"- NWOBHM CORNER SHOW.
13. "After more or less been ejected from his own band by the clan Tucker/Evans's, Algy Ward returns with a new album produced by TANK himself, and he defines himself as the true TANK for true fans group. If the good old Algy is no longer able to perform live, due to his health problems, it is nevertheless able to compose and record new album THE TANK. BUY OR DIE!
For fans of MOTÖRHEAD, WARFARE, SAXON, VENOM"- AMAZON France & Spain. Rating: 7.5/10.
14. Review of the album from Greece ROCK HARD.
15. "Algy is back!...5/5"-review by Bier Borsti for AMAZON Germany.
FAN SUBMITTED REVIEWS:
1. "Well done to Algy for putting out this amazing TANK album and overcoming all illness to give the true TANK filth hound maniacs what they want, he's an inspiration to us all - Hammer On and buy the fuck outta this album! RBOTN".- Gerry Mulholland from the band RABID BITCH OF THE NORTH.
2. Review from e-bay: "I read a press release a few months ago regarding this record and it stated this album will blow your face off, anyway after 2 spins now my face is still in tact after years of reconstruction because tank blew my face off in late may 1985 but that is a whole other story, well here we are in spring 2013 and FINALLY we get a new tank record from the tank master himself MR ALGY WARD, please don't confuse this tank with the scab tank that have put out 2 studio albums and a live dvd since late 2010, that tank features Cliff Evans and Mick Tucker who stole and hi-jacked the TANK name from Algy which was a sin, there music is actually good BUT TO CALL THEMSELVES TANK!!!!!!!!! NO WAY! BREATH OF THE PIT IS TANK 100% PURE and this record has been in the waiting since tanks last record still at war which was released in 2002, so what do we get after an 11 year wait, A REALLY HEAVY, HEAVY TANK RECORD!!!!!"
3."Top release of the year! It made me turn my back on Tank again, the best release since Honour and blood! The other version should retire or go on under different name! He also proved that he is excellent guitarist as well. lots of credits cose he's done it himself. Ward is back, I m so happy to see him! No disappointment here. \m/!"- by Javier Morales (Phoenix, AZ).
4. "Strong Tank album! Algy is back and it's great! Brilliant album from my idol. Algy = Tank."-by Tony (San Francisco, CA, USA).
5. "Algy is back! Highly recommend it. You can't go wrong with Algy!"- by Gregory Till (NY, NY).
6. "I read a press release a few months ago regarding this record and it stated this album will blow your face off, anyway after 2 spins now my face is still in tact after years of reconstruction because Tank blew my face off in late may 1985 and on June 8th 1985 at Lamours in Brooklyn New York but that is a whole other story, well here we are in summer 2013 and FINALLY we get a new tank record from the tank master himself MR. ALGY WARD, please don't confuse this Tank with the scab Tank that have put out 2 studio albums and a live DVD since late 2010, that Tank features Cliff Evans and Mick Tucker who stole and hi jacked the Tank name from Algy which was a sin, there music is actually good BUT TO CALL THEMSELVES TANK!!!!!!!!! NO WAY BREATH OF THE PIT IS TANK 100% PURE and this record has been in the waiting since tanks last record still at war which was released in 2002, so what do we get after an 11 year wait, A REALLY HEAVY, HEAVY TANK RECORD!!!!! my only complaint is Algy plays everything on here and I'm not a fan of drum machines but since this is an Algy Ward record I can seem to handle it in this case, the last time i accepted a record with a drum machine was back in 1988 and that was Judas Priests ram it down LP, anyway Algy picks up where the band seem to have left off back in 02 when still at war was released, this album has all those catchy lyrics only Algy can write, Algy has always had a thing for writing songs about war and I think that is what made him an underground sensation some 30 + years ago, sorry NO nothing will ever top the first 4 tank records starting with filth hounds of hades in 1981 through honour and blood in 1984 those seemed to be the magic years, i did indeed like the self titled tank record that nobody seems to remember that was released in 1987, actually the artwork for the sleeve to this record is almost the same, that tank record actually had some keyboard elements to it and was still heavy as hell but sadly by 1987 metal had become a form of music where it was more important how pretty you could make yourself look for the chicks then put out 100% pure in your face heavy metal like most British bands where doing between 1978 and 1985, anyway here we are in 2013 with breath of the pit and as I said this is sooooooooo heavy you have to hear it especially if you where a big tank fan like i have been since 1982 now, on here you hear the heavy classic bass Algy does well and Algy did very well with t he guitar parts on here some of the solos are great, if Algy was to be lying and saying he had a great guitar player I WOULD BELIEVE HIM that is how well Algy handled the guitar work for this record all those guitar sounds that you heard from 1981 through 1987 are all still there and Algy did this ALONE so actually that makes this more impressive, the drum tracks where done very well but there are those obvious parts where you can clearly hear Algy used a drum machine but outside of that THIS RECORD IS VERY OLD SCHOOL SOUNDING, you will know its Algy Wards Tank as soon as the laser hits the first note on breath of the pit or the needle hits the wax you will know in a second THE REAL TANK IS BACK, considering so much nu metal sucks now and so much technology is used to make records today you will find that is not the case here with this record, if it was not for the drum machine i would say this sounds just like it was recorded in the early to mid 80s which is a good thing, like i said before Algy kept this very true to the original tank sound and I'm so glad i got this the other day finally, i have been a tank fan for so long now, tank have always been in my top 10 all time favorite hm bands next to Saxon, Priest, Accept and many others, i feel tank accidentally ended up coming to power during the nwobhm explosin in the a UK, i don believe Agy was trying to follow any trends, he is his own man and this record will prove that to any nay sayers, no selling out here at all, i can go on and on but the main point I'm trying to drive home is THE REAL TANK IS BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!! sadly there will be no touring for this record or any future record Algy does as his health wont allow that but it is wonderful to at least get a new album out of him from time to time, if that is all i can get from Algy all these years on then i except this situation as it is, i know some guys who are bumbed out this record will not be toured for as most American Tank fans have never seen tank live, which brings me to this in late may and early June 1985 tank came over here to the us and did a small string of east coast only us dates, they played 4 shows in the New York metro area alone, i was blessed to see them, however during one show at lamours east in queens New York Cliff Evans had an amp case fall on him and he ended up in the hospital, Tank played this charity show at Lamour east as a 3 piece and wow did they smoke!!!!! They only played 5 songs but like i said this was a charity event so all the local crap NY poser bands got 5 songs as well, TANK BLEW EVERYONE AWAY!!!! that was on a Sunday i remember, that week on a Wednesday or Thursday TANK played cbgbs with Carnivore ( Peter Steele) and between the two of them i don't think there was much left of the bowery after that gig that night, then on June 8th of 85 Tank played there final us show at Lamours in Brooklyn, Cliff was fine by then, i still remember when the house lights went down and the intro to the war drags ever on was playing as Tank took to the stage, i was in aw!!!!!!! and on tank came blasting the war drags ever on to open there set with and from there it was about 100 minutes of a killer monster set that to this day 28 years later i have never forgotten and yes i still have my ticket stub, cost 8 bucks to get in back then, i saw a lot of freaking shows in the 80s and this one still stands out in my top 5 best shows of the 80s for me, also i LOVE THE AUSTRALIAN SAINTS AND THE DAMNED and Algy ward played small roles with both of those bands before tank came along, anyway THIS ALBUM IS A MUST FOR ANY TANK FAN!!!!!!! THANK YOU ALGY FOR GIVING US THIS RECORD AND MOST OF ALL ALGY THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT MEMORIES FROM THE 80S AND ALL THE MUSIC YOU HAVE PUT OUT OVER A 35 YEAR PERIOD NOW YOU ARE ONE OF A KIND AND I WISH YOU THE BEST IN HEALTH AND IN MIND, YOU MAY NOT FEEL IT BUT YOU DO INDEED HAVE MANY FANS OVER HERE IN THE US, WE HOPE TO HEAR ANOTHER RECORD FROM YOU BUT NOT IN 11 YEARS, LETS MAKE IT A YEAR OR TWO, I CANT WAIT TO GET BREATH OF THE PIT ON RED WAX WHEN THE LP GETS OVER HERE IN A WEEK OR TWO...."- by Ed McCarty, long time Tank fan for AMAZON.
7. "Tank are back with Algy Ward, the founding member. I was so glad to see this finally come out after hearing it was going to for so long. It's a good start to getting back into everyone's faces. Tank are one of the NWOBHM bands that should have never gone away, they should have kept it going and now they are. Support them, buy this, and if you haven't gotten anything else, go buy the rest of them. 5/5" by Cecil A. Allen "Wickerman" for AMAZON.
8. "Algy Ward at war! A blistering attack on the senses, very loud: excellent for annoying the neighbors with. not the tracks though he has offered a few years ago with the promised new album (the spat with other Tank probably upset apple cart) . a long time coming but worth while waiting for, taking into account he has done it all on his own, almost. stand out track - all of them, not a duff one to be found. 5/5." review from AMAZON UK by Mr. R. STRUGNELL "Struggy Spider".
"Still at War" by Forrest
Return Of The Filth Hounds-live",
Metal Fanzine(from Greece)(R.I.P). August 1998.
"Honour & Blood", by Ralph Heibutzki(ALL
"Honour & Blood",
24- February 6, 1985 by Mick Wall.
"Honour & Blood", Tank rolls on in the same fashion,